Skip to main content

This is your Donation message.

Graduate Finances

There are numerous funding options available for your graduate education. In addition to federal financial aid which requires the completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), the University and academic departments award fellowships, grants, waivers, and assistantships. You are also encouraged to explore external funding opportunities available through various agencies like the National Science Foundation.

Financial Aid

The Office of Financial Aid at Florida State exists to assist students with securing federal, state, and institutional financial aid to achieve their degree. Each year, they award and administer more than 350 million dollars in financial aid to eligible students. Students receive aid in the form of scholarships, grants, work study, and loans - funds that help them to focus on their education and complete their degree.

Academic Common Market

The Academic Common Market (ACM), offered through the Southern Regional Education Board (SREB), is a tuition-savings program for college students who want to pursue graduate degrees that are not offered by their in-state institutions. Students can enroll in out-of-state institutions that offer their degree program and pay the institution's in-state tuition rates.

To qualify you must:

  • Be a resident of one of the 16 SREB states (Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia).
  • Select a program eligible for residents of your home state.
  • Be admitted to the appropriate degree program at Florida State University.
  • Be certified as a resident of your home state by contacting the ACM Coordinator for your state of residence. The letter of certification must be received in the Office of the University Registrar before the first day of classes for the effective term.

For additional information on the Academic Common Market, visit

To begin viewing programs that are approved for your state of residence, visit