All students who wish to claim Florida residency for tuition purposes must complete the residency declaration. In addition, students seeking Readmission to the university must complete this form. The residency form is not required for application review; however, it must be completed prior to the start of the first term of enrollment. Depending upon the review of your declaration, additional documentation may be required to support your claim of residency for tuition purposes. If you have any questions regarding the residency process please contact our office at 850.644.6200 or email@example.com.
Online Residency Declaration Form
Documents supporting the establishment of residency for tuition purposes must be dated, issued or filed 12 months prior to the first day of classes of the term for which residency is sought. All documentation is subject to verification. You should submit two or more of the documents identified below. No single piece of evidence shall be conclusive.
At least one item must be from this list:
- A Florida voter’s registration card.
- A Florida driver’s license.
- A State of Florida identification card.
- A Florida vehicle registration.
- Proof of a permanent home in Florida which is occupied as a primary residence by the individual or by the individual’s parent if the individual is a dependent child.
- Proof of a homestead exemption in Florida.
- Transcripts from a Florida high school for multiple years (2 or more years) if the Florida high school diploma or GED was earned within the last 12 months.
- Proof of permanent full-time employment in Florida for at least 30 hours per week for a consecutive 12-month period.
Items listed below may be used in conjunction with one document from the above list:
- A declaration of domicile in Florida.
- A Florida professional or occupational license.
- Florida incorporation.
- A document evidencing verifiable family ties to a Florida resident, as defined by tuition purposes.
- Proof of membership in a Florida-based charitable or professional organization.
- Any other documentation that supports the student’s request for resident status, including, but not limited to, utility bills and proof of 12 consecutive months of payments; a lease agreement and proof of 12 consecutive months of payments; or an official state, federal, or court document evidencing legal ties to Florida.